I had 2 inches cut off of my hair and got short layers! For most people that might not seem like much, but for a girl who has always wanted long hair and that is always the same length, this change is huge.
I just got it cut yesterday and I’m still getting used to it, but I love it. Me and my hair are ready for the Fall. That is unless I decide to dye my hair too.I hope you guys are having an amazing day and enjoy the beginning of this beautiful season.
I’m headed back to school to earn my Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree. I have enjoyed all that I have learned in the past 4 years of college so much I wanted to further my knowledge of Digital Art with one last year of school. I have a feeling this will be my best year of school and body of work for my portfolio. I’m excited to be surrounded by other students that also want to get better at what they love and teachers who know that we love what we do.
I guess I’m just ready to learn even more and better myself and my body of work. Sorry the post is so short, it would probably be bad to be late for the first day of school
Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading.
It’s official, we’ve finally finished moving into our apartment and to celebrate we had a dinner with our friends and family. It was nice for everybody to see our new place and also to have people meet one another. There were a lot of funny stories, laughs and full bellies. Overall, it was a great night and I definitely want to have another dinner party again. I hope you guys enjoy the post and even try out a few recipes.
- 2 750 bottle of Prosecco (I used Cupcake Vineyards Prosecco)
- ¼ cup Brandy or Triple Sec (I used Triple Sec)
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-5 White Peaches
- Juice from 2 Lemons
I got this recipe off of this website, but adjusted is to the amount of servings I needed for the number of guests I invited. Everyone enjoyed it and the fruit after it sitting in the alcohol.
Cut up the peaches into cubes, wash the blueberries and add into pitcher with ice. Add Triple Sec and lemon juice to the bottom of your pitcher. Add the sugar and Prosecco. We let the sangria sit a little in the fridge, but the website said to serve immediately.
- 2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 124 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Sliced bread for serving
You can always trust Martha Stewart to have delicious recipes and this didn’t let my guests or me down. I also doubled this recipe and I’m glad I did, because it was a crowd pleaser.
Combine oil, herbs, red-pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over mozzarella. Let stand for at least 20 minutes (or up to 1 hour). In my opinion, it is even better the second day when it is allowed to marinate longer.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup italian bread crumbs (it called for plain, but I like the taste of italian more)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
The Food Network website offers many types of appetizers, but this one sounded delicious and went along with the theme of the evening.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Slice the zucchini into rounds and then toss the zucchini with the oil. In another bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper. Mix the zucchini into the parmesan mixture, coating them evenly and place in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and serve immediately.
The appetizers were gone quick and it was soon time for dinner.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- flat italian parsley
- parmesan cheese
- white wine
This recipe is a staple in my roommates household and we decided to give a try on our own.
Combine the olive oil and butter in a pan and let the butter melt (this will be the sauce for the pasta). Add the minced garlic and italian parsley and let cook for a minute while continuously stirring. Add white wine and let the alcohol burn off. Next add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is white. While the shrimp is cooking, boil the pasta. Once all cooked, mix together in large bowl. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and leftover parsley.
I am proud to say that this was a hit and that there was none left. You’d be surprised too if you could’ve seen how big the bowl was.
- 1 package (9 ounces) vanilla wafer cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 bars (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Assemble a 9-inch springform pan with the raised side of the bottom facing down. In a food processor, pulse cookies until finely ground. Add butter, and pulse to moisten. Transfer to prepared pan, and press firmly and evenly into the bottom. Place pan on a rimmed baking sheet; bake 10 minutes, and set aside.
In a mixing bowl or mixer (it was my first time using my Kitchenaid I got for graduation!) add cream cheese, sugar, and salt; blend until smooth. With motor running, add eggs, then sour cream, and finally chocolate; blend filling until smooth. Pour filling into crust, and bake just until set, 1 hour. Turn oven off, and let cheesecake sit 1 hour in oven, without opening (this helps prevent cracking). Run knife around the edge of the pan (this also helps to prevent cracking); leave in pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Cover loosely and refrigerate, at least 6 hours or overnight.
Chocolate Ganache topping
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat, and add chocolate. Stir until melted, then set aside until thickened, 2 to 5 minutes. Unmold cheesecake. Spread ganache in center of cheesecake; let set before serving.
The cheesecake was sweet and the perfect way to end the meal. It is something I’ll make again…in my new Kitchenaid that I can’t wait to use again!
Thanks for reading and have an amazing day everybody! Continue reading
1. I say Autumn because well…it sounds more elegant than Fall. I like to pretend I’m highbrow.
2. I won’t say candy corn because I don’t like it, but I will say pumpkin! Pumpkin everything, except one thing.I might be the only person that doesn’t like the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Pumpkin food, pumpkin smells and pumpkin carving are three of my favorite things of the season.
3. Caramel apples! This year I think I might try and make my own because I don’t find them often unless I’m at a fair.
4. The comfy and oversized sweaters that have been hidden away in the back of my closest will get a lot of use this season.
5. Boots. Lots and lots of boots. My fake doc martens, military boots, and the other boots I still wore in the warmer months.
6. Warm drinks. Hot chocolate, coffee, lattes, cider and many more that keep you comfy in the cold.
7. I would say a warm fire, but there isn’t a fireplace at my new apartment…I’ll have to make due with Netflix’s Fireplace For Your Home.
8. Broth in any form. It is perfect to warm you up and to help with the cold or flu that comes along with the colder weather.
9. Color. A whole lot of color. The changing leaves make everything so beautiful. That’s one of my favorite things living in the northwest because growing up in central California we had absolutely no changing of the seasons.
10. Rain smells more fresh in Autumn. I just really love rain, especially being out in it.
11. Of course, you can’t forget about Halloween. The free candy, the costumes, and this year it is going to be on a Friday!
12. The crunch of leaves when you’re walking, though with all the rain, there is rarely any crunching noises. I also suggest that if you want to jump in a pile of leaves, where a onesie or a body suit because it is super itchy.
13. Food in Autumn also seems to be more comforting. Everything seems more hearty and of course hot food warms you up.
14. All of our favorite Autumn tv shows are back! We can enjoy some delicious food and hot chocolate while we watch Olivia Pope run Washington D.C.
15. If you pay attention to it, which I don’t…It’s football season! Go team!
16. New haircut for a new season.
17. With Autumn beginning, it means cooler weather, but not too cold. So before it gets too cold there’s outdoor workouts or even just outdoor exploring.
18. If you’re lucky enough to be in a relationship (still single, btw), it’s cuddle weather!
19. Though I mentioned Halloween, ABC Family and 13 Nights of Halloween needs to be on it’s own. Hocus Pocus, Harry Potter, Beetlejuice and many more to prepare us for Halloween.
20. Decorating for the season, including Halloween. I do love the season, but I think stores having decorations for sale at the beginning of August is too much.
21. No more hot weather.
22. Overall, Autumn is my favorite season and it needs to never end.
It was my first time going to Comic-Con and after 2 days, I was ready for a break from all the crowds and excitement I was feeling, so instead I went to the zoo for half a day. It was a needed step back from the craziness of Comic-Con, but it sure wasn’t a break from the heat and humidity.
It has been a long time coming, but after about a month, we’ve finally moved all the way into our apartment. The boxes are gone, the dishes are put away and my clothes and belongings are no longer scattered across the floor with no where to walk. With that, I mean, I have finally finished packing, with my friend having finished the weekend we moved in.
It was so fun decorating my room and settling into somewhere that I feel like I’ll be at for awhile. I also bought myself a bed! From the end of June to the end of August I was sleeping on a blow up bed, so as of now, my bed feels like a cloud.
Another plus of finally being moved in, is a apartment warming/welcome dinner party!
This Saturday, my friend and I are inviting friends over and we…I mean I am going to be making appetizers, dinner, and a delicious dessert. I am looking forward to it and I am beyond thrilled to cook again. Expect many pictures of the beautiful food and people that will be here on Saturday.
Also expect much more from me and this blog. I’m excited to blog again, write about what makes me happy and I am looking forward to creating great content for you guys.
Thanks for reading, expect exciting things on here and have a wonderful day!